- 1 cup natural almonds (not roasted or salted!)
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (the real stuff if you have it!)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
2. Add the almond / water mixture to a blender (if your's is not very powerful, do this in batches) and add the remaining ingredients.
3. Blend until completely liquefied. Serve over ice.
Optional: If you don't like the mouth-feel of the almond milk (it's a little silky), feel free to strain it through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer.
To make the almond milk into a cocktail, simply add 3 parts almond milk to 1 part bourbon in a shaker. Shake and serve.