So easy. Feeds an army. These are great when you're in a lasagna mood but don't want to commit to a heavy dish (especially in the summertime). Plus, each roll up can be customized which is perfect for picky eaters. Let's GO!
- 1 box standard lasagna noodles
- 1 jar if your favorite spaghetti sauce (or homemade, if you have time!)
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella
- Fillings - here's where you can get creative! I used grilled eggplant, but you could use chicken, roasted red peppers, shrimp, or pepperoni. Sky's the limit!
2) Warm sauce in a separate saucepan, stirring occasionally.
3) To assemble:
Lay one lasagna noodle onto a clean surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of sauce onto the surface. Cover with shredded cheese. Add a light layer of toppings. Beginning at one end, slowly roll up the noodle, taking care to prevent the filling from spilling out.
4) Place roll up in a baking dish and cover with 3 tablespoons sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of cheese.
At this point you can certainly serve them as is, but I recommend placing them in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Be sure to serve these with a fresh garden salad!