- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (the higher the quality, the better!)
- 3 tablespoons finely minced italian parsley (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- cooking spray
- In an empty frying pan, add oregano, rosemary, cumin, and salt and heat on medium-low. Warm the spices through until they are fragrant. Stir the spices constantly to ensure they do not burn. Trust me, you'll be able to smell them right away. Remove from heat and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with 2 layers of aluminum foil, and spray them lightly with cooking spray.
- Coat the chicken wings with the spice mixture, making sure you cover all of them thoroughly. Allow them to sit uncovered for 5-10 minutes in your fridge.
- Place the chicken wings on the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 50 minutes, flipping them over halfway through cooking. The internal temperature of your wings should reach 180 degrees F.
- In an oven safe pan, combine olive oil, parsley, minced garlic, and parmesan. Once this mixture comes together it should look like a crumbly paste. Add wings to the bowl, coat to combine well. Bake for 15 minutes (still at 400 degrees) or until parmesan is completely melted and wings are crisp.
Recipe adapted from SteamyKitchen.com.